This privacy notice is issued by Gornall Equestrian LLP (Company number OC393168) (“we”, “us” or “our”).
This policy applies to you if you use our websites, contact us in writing, by telephone or email, provide information to us at our site or by way of social media. Please take the time to read and understand this policy.
What sort of personal data do we collect
We may collect, store and use the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us such as your title, name, your postal address, email address, telephone numbers, your preferences, and your feedback.
- Information about the services and products that you have purchased, the date and location of purchase and the way you use our services.
How do we process your data?
We will only process your personal data when allowed to do so by law. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Consent: When you consent to us doing so and are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Contract: Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you to provide you with one of our products or services.
- Legitimate interest: Where it is necessary for us to conduct our business and your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Legal claims: Where processing of your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
- Legal obligation: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Some of the above grounds may overlap and there may be several grounds which cover the processing of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like any further information about the specific basis for processing your personal data.
We may use your data in the following ways:
- To process and deliver a product or service to you and managing the payment for these products and services. We will process your data on the basis of your consent, our legitimate interest in delivering those products and services to you or in performance of a contact with you.
- We want to understand our customers and tailor our direct marketing to you. The ways you interact with us such as subscribing to news, offers and promotions, entering competitions, browsing website pages and interacting on social media helps us to do this. Being able to develop our business, products and services, tracking how our customers use our services, making our advertising campaigns relevant to you and tracking the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns is necessary for our legitimate interests. We will send you direct marketing when you have given your consent through our website or by other means and for our legitimate interest to offer you relevant products and services related to what we have previously provided to you in order to grow our business.
- To help provide safe and secure environments for our staff to work in, our customers to purchase our products and services and for our business to be administered and run. To enable this we will use CCTV, provide safe access to our websites, monitor online behaviour, carry out checks to protect you and our business against potential criminal behaviour, such as fraud. We will process your data in performance of a contract with you or for our legitimate interests in being able to run our business, ensure network security and prevent criminal behaviour.
Sharing your data
We may share your data with:
- Service providers who help us provide and host our websites.
- Couriers who deliver our products to you.
- Professional service providers, such as for example a Vet, to enable us to perform our contract with you.
- Our professional advisors for example our lawyers and insurers when they need it to provide advice to us or process an insurance claim.
- The Police, HM Revenue and Customs, the courts and any other government authority where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- Any social media posts or comments you send to us (on Facebook for example) will be shared under the terms of the relevant social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) on which they are written and could be made public. We are not responsible for this kind of sharing. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate or engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details.
Gornall Equestrian knows how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
A lot of the information we receive reaches us electronically, originating from your device and then transmitted by your relevant telecoms provider and we are unable to guarantee the security of this transmission.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may transfer your personal data to, and store it at, destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this policy.
How long do we keep your data for?
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please contact us to notify us of any changes to your data
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal data we process about you. These include:
- Request access to your personal data which is commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enable you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are replying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Where we have relied on your consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to your withdrawing your consent.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the details in the “Contact us” section below. Please note that we will have to verify your identity before we can fulfil your rights under data protection law.
If you require any further information, have any questions or have a request to exercise your legal rights then please email us at email@example.com or write to us at gornall Equestrian, Home Farm, Kirk Hammerton YO26 8BX.
Date: May 2018